Friday, February 11, 2011

Permission

"If you haven't already, now is the time to give yourself authorization to define your own journey."
Another inspiring line from the book I mentioned yesterday from Kris Carr, Crazy Sexy Cancer Survivor: More Rebellion and Fire for your Healing Journey. As I eluded to yesterday, take the C word out and just replace it with whatever challenges or obstacles you have on any given day and this book is an amazing tool to reclaim your own power back. I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm downplaying cancer or any other diagnosis by saying that our daily challenges are anywhere compared to a serious illness, I am simply saying that we can use this Kick Ass Attitude Kris talks about to feel empowered and take control of our lives when we feel out of control.
I believe daily stressors over long periods of time have an effect on our health and immune systems that can lead to disease and other psychological issues so if we begin to see how our choices, our attitudes, our thoughts all have consequences, we can create our best selves adn the life we want in order to find whatever it is we are looking for. Personally, I would much rather practice preventative measures than wait until something is amiss before paying attention to my mental, physical and spiritual essence. Stepping off the soap-box now....
In her quote above, I like that she acknowledges the fact that many of us haven't allowed ourselves permission to create our journey. For some reason we've felt obligated to others, to jobs, to roles we've chosen or bought into what others expected of us and we forgot our purpose or desires along the way. It seems that as children we knew what we liked, what our passions were, what we wanted and we weren't afraid to ask for it and try things. Somewhere along the way, we lost that ability or we repressed it and this quote reminds me that I can give myself permission so to speak to define what my journey is to me and to no one else.
I'm ready........

No comments:

Post a Comment