Sunday, March 27, 2011

Live the Questions


I've always been deep and curious about my purpose in life, my intentions, what I'm creating in my life by my thoughts, my fears. I am told I was a serious child as well and often fell asleep in the hallway listening to the adults talk in the kitchen or living room. I found deep conversations preferrable even at a very young age when others my age were playing video games or watching tv. To say there has been a time in my life when I felt satisfied with everything would be an untruth. I'm always looking for ways to improve, myself, my career, my knowledge base, my relationships, just about everything. Instead of looking at something and saying it's perfect the way that it is, I am always trying to see how it can be improved, more efficient, more authentic, more clarity or whatever. So it's no surprise that I'm questioning a lot at this very time in my life.

I always try to see the bright side of things and keep inspirational quotes at home, at work, in my car and on my backpack with buttons. I have many magnetic poems on my refrigerator and one is from one of my favorite poets, Rilke. I often forget to refer to it when I need it most but today while talking with a friend on the phone I was basically quoting it until I realized I had it on my refrigerator and went and grabbed it. I want to share it with you.

"I beg you....to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them, and the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer......" Rainer Maria Rilke

I wish you peace with all of those unanswered questions that are nagging you in the middle of the night or when things slow down enough and the distractions stop that you go right back to that place of "why" or "it doesn't make sense." May reading this inspirational quote that has helped me so many times in my life to live in the questions without trying to answer them, give you the courage to step into the questions and live them with the faith that one day you will live your way into the answer. I wish this for myself but most of all I wish this for every soul in the universe.

Peace

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your thoughts and love that you share them so freely.....
    Goodnight Goose.....xxxooo

    ReplyDelete