Monday, August 17, 2009

Passion

From my experience, when I'm doing something I love or am passionate about, I have an endless supply of energy. It seems I can keep going for long stretches without eating, sleeping, complaining or making any excuses. It also seems these times of endless energy and enthusiasm are few and far between. I'm not sure if its due to the work stress, financial stress or general life stress fatique but I tend to neglect taking time for myself or spending time on personal projects or goals when I'm depleted. The one thing I can do is take a nap. Avoidance I'm sure but it sure feels like I must have or need that sleep.

When I am in that place of endless energy and enthusiasm, I often feel like it must mean I'm on my "path" or at least going in the right direction. By living intentionally, I feel like I'm creating the life I want to live. But what happens when all of the road blocks of life outside of my control are thrown into my path? I can't control that yet it does take my energy and leave me depleted.

I often make a goal of doing at least one thing everyday that scares me or is new or is moving toward the life I want to create. Sometimes I succeed and other times I take a nap instead.

Today my intention is to do something towards my goal of creating my life plan, most likely it will be studying the GRE if even for an hour or two.

Today I am grateful for referrals from my customers that I've built a strong dependable relationship with as these referrals are keeping me afloat in this slow economy even with my higher than realistic sales goals set by the corporate office who is out of touch with reality.

The highlight of this past weekend was my first kayaking experience on the Chatahoochee River. I managed to get in and out of the kayak without capsizing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment